04 March 2009

Brought To You By The Letters 'B', 'D' And 'M'

I have a confession. I spend large quantities of time attempting to think up witty titles for my posts. Why? I'm not exactly sure. I think the small child still inside me seeks approval. I invariably fail (with the witty titles), because I don't really have a sense of humour, but at least I amuse myself to some extent (I'm still grinning over The Risotto Affair.) As for today's title, well I have a hodgepodge of miscellaneous flotsam and jetsam floating around in my head (not that unusual) so I thought it might make up a 'holding' post while I'm attempting to write something with a little more meat on its bones. And yes, I was addicted to Sesame Street as a child (hence the title!).

'B' is for Books! And this week I have been lucky enough to win not one, not two, but three books! I should point out that this is a very rare occurrence (me winning), so I wanted to say a huge thank you too:
- JL Langley and Maria & Marisa from Romance Novel TV for an eBook of JL Langley's The Englor Affair (It's my first ever eBook and my first ever JL Langley book, so I'm very excited)
- Nalini Singh and Dani from Confessions of a Romance Book Addict for a copy of one of Nalini's Singh's Psy/Changeling series (pre-2009) [I chose Mine to Posses, which is rather apt as I hope to be posting about it within the next week]
- Michelle from Romance B(u)y the Book, Random House and Suzanne Brockmann for a copy of Suzanne Brockmann's Dark of Night

'D' is for Dance! I received two positive comments on my dancing last night! Yes, this is very unusual and may be because we were just doing a small combination of steps rather that the full amalgamation but still...*happy dance*

'M' is for Movie! On the weekend I watched Mama Mia for the first time (although I did see the stage show version in the UK years ago). It is such a fun movie! I was attempting to stew apples at the time but I keep getting sidetracked...and I had the to watch Donna and the Dynamos perform Super Tropper numerous times :)

So, did you (or do you still) watch Sesame Street? Who was your favourite character? Me? I liked Cookie Monster...and Oscar...and mad Harry...hold on...nope, he's a Muppet!

7 comments:

  1. Hey no talking bad about our orannia! I think you're way witty and have a great sense of humor! (((orannia)))

    Wow! You had great book week! I had a good one too. `_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to add that I likes your icon! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I really love the icon too!

    Which changeling pup would that be, orannia? :grin:

    And here's cheering you on the winning--mark my words, this is the start of a trend. (Trust me, I was there this time last year--after never winning anything, I got buried by contest loot. A must excellent way to go, if one must go!)

    Big, huge, gigantic cheers on the dancing compliments--absolutely deserved, I'm sure. Feeding the soul is essential!

    ((((orannia))))


    PS Please do share how you like Dark of Night when you get to it, pretty please?

    ReplyDelete
  4. (((((Aymless))))) (((((azteclady)))))

    My icon's no pup azteclady! He's fully grown :)

    Ummm, I'm a little embarrassed about winning Dark of Night as I only finished The Defiant Hero last month so I have another *counting* 11 books to read in between :) I had better hurry up then :) I will definitely let you know what I think when I read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the winnings!
    Grover is still my favorite. I was a Sesame Street child. It began production when I was its target audience's age. I remember it being so unique to children's programming, that my teenage sister would sit and watch it with me.
    While JLL's The Englor Affair can stand alone, I'd suggest reading the first in the series, My Fair Captain, beforehand, if you can. It's an excellent story, and set's up the sci-regency world really well. Of course, I'm just compulsive about reading things in a series, like that. :-P
    Cool icon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Renee on the "reading in order" compulsion--which trips me as a reviewer, because I think that novels should stand alone regardless.

    Heh.

    Anyway, going by what you say about DoN, I iamgine you'll read JLLangley's stuff in order too. I hope you enjoy them--may I suggest spacing the Brockmann's a bit? After all, the next one doesn't come until the end of the year, and going by your response to TDH, if may turn into torture for you :grin:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Renee and azteclady! I will hunt down My Fair Captain this weekend (although I was reading snippets of The Englor Affair last night as it downloaded surprisingly easily [for my computer] :)

    And I think I will end up spacing out the Troubleshooters books, mainly because there are so many 'I must read' new releases over the next 2 months :) And also less torture is better *grin*

    ReplyDelete