02 April 2009

Books 2009: March Update

Total to date: 23 books (8 books this month)

The 2009 Support Your Local Library Challenge total to date: 19 books (8 books this month)

A list of all the books I've read to date (from 01 January 2008) can be found at Library Thing.

Favourite books of the month?

* Mélusine (Sarah Monette)

Currently reading: The Virtu (Sarah Monette)

Book(s) I 'did not finish':

* Black Dagger Brotherhood: An Insider's Guide (JR Ward) [Although I did read the novella Father Mine]

* House of Many Ways (Diana Wynne Jones)

And the books I'm most looking forward too next month are:

* Silent On The Moor (Deanna Raybourne)

* Storm Glass (Maria V Snyder)

6 comments:

  1. I think I'm enjoying Melusine so far, kechara. It reminds me a little of a cross between Jacqueline Carey's Kushiel set, and Anne Bishop's Black Jewels - with a little of *something* else thrown in there.

    I see what you mean about the potential annoyance from the way Mildmay's voice is written. To me, it's a lot like the way some people write brogues and accents. If there's just a flavour of it there, it's really good for giving you a feel for the character. Too much though (like the way Elizabeth Haydon went overboard in the second Rhapsody set), and it just gets too distracting.

    I haven't decided yet where Mildmay's narrative voice fits on the continuum yet... but he hasn't lost me yet.

    Felix, on the other hand, I'm definitely liking. Now *there's* a guy in touch with his dark side!

    My only other criticism at this stage would be that it would be *really* helpful to have a glossary of terms somewhere. Maybe it's just that I don't have the brain processing space available right now because of Trailwalker nerves and hormones, but I'm finding it difficult keeping track of all the different number, date, place and job title terminology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. orannia, will you do me the ginormous favor of emailing me? azteclady 1 @ yahoo dot com [no spaces, plz] Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. starfire - am glad to hear that you are enjoying Mélusine. I look forward to hearing what you think when you finish it.

    azteclady - email is on its way :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. [nothing yet *drumming fingers on desk* ]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm..... Sorry :( Will try again! Or feel free to email me at orannia @ gmail dot com (no spaces :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melusine looks interesting. I'll have to check that one out.

    ReplyDelete