So, without further ado, here is a list (in no particular order) of my favourite books...well, not exactly - it's a list of the books that I get on my soapbox about and pimp to all and sundry (hence the title of the post *grin*).
* The Doctrine of Labyrinths (Sarah Monette). This is one of the best fantasy series I have ever read! I've already
* The Last Herald Mage series (Mercedes Lackey). I fell in love with these books when I was a teenager and I love them still. They are books I read when I hit rock bottom.
* Psy-Changeling series (Nalini Singh). I don't think I can heap any more superlatives on to this series than have already been said. This is the series I use to tempt people into reading paranormal romance...
* Sebastian St Cyr series (CS Harris). I only discovered this series (and author) this year...it's Regency London with all the gritty, stark detail that is missing from the Regency romance novels I love.
* Silent series (Deanna Raybourn). The lovely CJ of The Thrillionth Page is currently reading the second book is this series - Silent in the Sanctuary. It's beautifully written and the characters leap off the page. And, for those of you who have read any of the books in the series, am I the only one wondering if Jack the Ripper will make even a small appearance?
So, what books do you get on your soap box about and love to pimp?
Oh, and for those of you wondering why this post is entitled Soapbox Favourites Part I, there will be a Part II...in which I'll be discussing the books I love to get on my soapbox and rant about...*grin*