02 January 2010

The M/M Romance Challenge 2010

Anesthezea of I Heart Paperbacks is hosting The M/M Romance Challenge 2010. Even though I discovered m/m romance last year, to date I have read very few novels in this subgenre - not having an eBook Reader really cramps one's style IMHO! However, I hope to have my grubby little hands on a multi-purpose device this time next week *rubs hands with glee* and so thought this challenge was right up my alley *grin* The rules are as follows:

1. Timeline: January 1st to December 31st 2010

2. Read five(5) or more m/m romances in 2010. There are 5 reading levels to choose from:
- Read 5 M/M Romances
- Read 10 M/M Romances
- Read 15 M/M Romances
- Read 20 M/M Romances
- Read 20+ M/M Romances

3. This challenge is for those who enjoy reading gay romances (also known as m/m or male/male romances) or those who are interested in starting. If you aren’t familiar with this genre, it consists of novels and stories where the main focus is the romantic relationship between the male protagonists.

4. You must be 18 years old or older to join.

5. You don’t have to select your books ahead of time. Even if you do, you can change your books as you go. Your books can crossover with other challenges.

6. You don’t need a blog to participate. You can comment on this post if you’d like to share a book list or reading pool.

7. Please create a post on your blog where you’ll be keeping track of your challenge reads and link back to this post so others can join in on the fun. If you use a 'Current Challenges' page, or something similar, you can link back from that page instead of creating an individual post.

8. You can use the large banner I’m using at the top of this post or you can use the smaller buttons I’ve provided below. Just copy the code provided. There’s no need to save the smaller buttons to your own server. (I have another large banner you can use here, if you’d like.)

9. You can join at anytime between now and the latter part of 2010. Just give yourself enough time to read your chosen amount of books.

10. Books chosen can be any length, subgenre, or format. eBooks, paperbacks, young adult books, audio books, and re-reads are all okay.

11. Once the challenge starts, a page will be created for everyone to post their reviews. Reviews are encouraged, but are entirely optional.

12. Prizes: Everyone who signs up for the challenge between now and January 31st will be eligible to win $15 in eBook Bucks from All Romance Ebooks!

I have decided to start small, and so will be aiming to read 5 M/M romance novels. We'll see how I go *grin*

Edited again to add: I have completed my initial task of reading 5 M/M romance novels and have met my next target of 10 M/M romance novels...so I guess now I'm aiming to read 15 M/M books this year!

To date I have read the following:

1. Fatal Shadows (Josh Lanyon)
2. A Dangerous Thing (Josh Lanyon)
3. The Hell You Say (Josh Lanyon)
4. Death Of A Pirate King (Josh Lanyon)
5. Give & Take (Anne Brooks)
6. The Darkest Tide (Josh Lanyon)
7. By Degrees (JB McDonald)
8. In the Rough (JB McDonald)
9. Control (Sean Michael)
10. Keeping Promise Rock (Amy Lane)
11. Tigers and Devils (Sean Kennedy)
12. Black Wade: The Wild Side of Love (Franze)
13. Hide Out (Katie Allen)
14. Cheating Chance (James Buchanan)
15. A Fostered Love (Cameron Dane)
16. Duck (Kim Dare)
17. Lord of the White Hell (Book I) [Ginn Hale]
18. Making Promises (Amy Lane)
19. Inland Empire (James Buchanan)
20. Go Fish (HT Murray)
21. All or Nothing (James Buchanan)
22. Hard Fall (James Buchanan)
23. Special Delivery (Heidi Cullinan)
24. His for the Holidays (Anthology)
25. Amongst the Living (Jordan Castillo Price)
26. Thaw (Jordan Castillo Price)
27. Criss Cross (Jordan Castillo Price)
28. Body and Soul (Jordan Castillo Price)
29. Secrets (Jordan Castillo Price)
30. Camp Hell (Jordan Castillo Price)

4 comments:

  1. Ah-ha. I was wondering when someone would come up with a m/m reading challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Orannia, I did this challenge last year and really enjoyed it! It was a great way to find new authors & it was quite fun to explore the genre. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I've joined it this year as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of the best books I read in 2009 were gay fiction, so I'm sure you'll find lots of great authors to read.

    Also, Hilcia was very good about introducing me to some new authors that I've now had to buy the backlist for, so be wary :)

    I'm working on my 2010 budget for books.... we'll see what the numbers hold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL heidekind! I'm really looking forward to it!

    Thank you Hilcia. New authors are always good... I know I've barely touched the surface of the genre.

    Mariana - LOL! So noted :) Fingers crossed for the 2010 budget!

    ReplyDelete