23 March 2010

Trapped In A Restaurant Meme



Today, 23 March 2010, marks the release of Mind Games, the debut urban fantasy novel by the lovely and very talented Carolyn Crane from The Thrillonth Page. For those of you who like to 'taste' of a novel before you read it, you can find an excerpt here!

To celebrate the release, and the fact that one of the characters in Mind Games (Sterling Packard) hasn't set foot outside the Mongolian Delites restaurant for 8 years, Carolyn has created the Trapped In A Restaurant Meme:

First Prize: One randomly chosen player will get $100 toward a fancy dinner at a restaurant of their choice! (Any restaurant anywhere that accepts plastic or sells gift certificates. You don’t have to choose until you win.) Second prize: $50 toward a dinner.

How to play: Just post the questions, your answers, meme icon and meme game line on social media site (e.g. blog, Facebook, LiveJournal, etc.).

1. In MIND GAMES, hypochondriac heroine Justine Jones can’t figure out why tortured mastermind Sterling Packard never sets foot outside the Mongolian Delites restaurant. What if you were somehow trapped in a restaurant, what sort of restaurant would you prefer?
I think I would chose Chinese...the possibilities are endless *grin*

2. What if you won the fancy $100 dinner to a restaurant of your choice, and you could dine with any character from any book, movie, or history. Who would you choose?
Decisions, decisions. I think I it would have to be Daemon Sadi, from Anne Bishop's Black Jewel trilogy.

3. Choose three characters to dine with for a lively dinner party (you can define lively however you want).
Now, this is easier that Question 2 (because I get three choices):
- Daemon Sadi (what a surprise)
- Felix from Sarah Monette's Doctrine of Labyrinths series
- Leslie from Melissa Marr's Wicked Lovely series.
No doubt I'd spend all night drooling over Daemon & Felix, but the conversation would be fascinating!

Send the link by 8 April 2010 to meme@authorcarolyncrane.com to enter. Anyone can play. Details at Carolyn Crane's website!

So, if you could pick three characters to have dinner with, who would you pick and why? Carolyn - all the best for the release of Mind Games! I can't wait to read it!

10 comments:

  1. Hmm. Won't all that drooling interfere with your ability to converse? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Ahhh, probably. I will just have to try and be restrained. Still kind of dithering over the third dinner guest. I included Leslie from Melissa Marr's Wicked Lovely series, but am sure I'm missing a character I'd love to chat too...*mumble* evil memory *kicks self*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have new "characters" to get to know now, have not read the books yours are in yet so this was fun to find your answers to the game... Good luck!!

    jackie b central texas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huh, I have no idea who I'd want to have dinner with. Probably Mr. Darcy annnnnd everyone else could leave us alone? :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you jacabur1!

    heidenkind - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roarke, because yeah.... he's my favorite :)(In Death series by JD Robb)

    Milla Edge from Cry No More by Linda Howard, I felt a real connection to her. The lengths that she went to, to find her son... it makes you wonder how deep a well lives in you; how far will I go to protect my child.

    Gabriel McBain from Saving Grace by Julie Garwood. I love all her Highlander characters, but he's by far my favorite.

    alternates: Kate Daniels, she's just kick ass! The whole Psy-Changeling crew :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, great answers Mariana! I think meeting Mila would be amazing! Cry No More is one very strong book, about one very strong heroine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting dinner guests, orannia.

    I never finished reading Ink Exchange. I really need to pick that up again. I liked what I read about Leslie so far.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Orannia! GASP. You won second prize! Gah! email me. You get the $50 dinner prize. Woo hoo! Where will you go? yay!

    ReplyDelete