02 June 2010

Books 2010: May Update

Total to date: 55 books (seven books this month: fantasy [one book]; m/m romance [one book]; paranormal romance [two books]; suspense [one book]; yaoi manga [two books])

The 2010 Support Your Local Library Reading Challenge total to date: 19 books (five books this month)

The 2010 Big Book Challenge total to date: one book (Not Kushiel's Dart (Jacqueline Carey) - but watch this space!]

The M/M Romance Challenge 2010 total to date: 11 books (one book this month [but it was a doozy of a book *grin*])

A list of all the books I've read to date (from 01 January 2010) can be found at GoodReads.

Favourite books of the month? (Although I'm guessing it's rather obvious :)

* Breath and Bone (Carol Berg)

* Tigers and Devils (Sean Kennedy)

Books I 'did not finish':

* The Stars Blue Yonder (Sandra McDonald) [This was simply a case of bad timing]

Currently reading: Shalador's Lady (Anne Bishop)

And the book I'm most looking forward to reading next month:

* The Archer's Heart (Astrid Amara)

* Magic Bleeds (Ilona Andrews)

So, what did you read last month?

12 comments:

  1. Um... lots of things. :D Not that you can tell from Goodreads. But it's all over on LibraryThing and on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard good things about Archer's Heart - I definitely need to read that one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris - LOL! I love seeing what you read each week - I always find yet another book I want to read. What you do to my TBR list...*shakes head* - it's fantastic *grin*

    Tracy - it was reading Kris' review that sold me on the book. Well, that and reading Sarah Monette's Doctrine of Labyrinths that sent me delving into m/m fantasy. It's one big book, but the cover is simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, you're welcome and thanks? :)

    Lurv it! My veri word is

    adong

    a dong

    hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  5. That reminds me I have to do the wrap-up post too. Maybe tomorrow...
    I didn't know the word doozy, but I guess that's a very positive word, huh? ;)
    Nice reading month, hun! Looking forward to your letter tomorrow! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chris - *beams* And WRT your verification word? LOL!

    Janna - not sure where 'doozy' came from. I picked it up from watching Stargate (the General used it :) but yup, it means a good thing *grin* And my letter is tomorrow? *GULP* *panic* For some reason I thought it was on the 6th... *starts thinking furiously*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had a good reading month. The best were Henry and Jim by JM Snyder and Magic Bleeds by Ilona Andrews; HIGHLY recommend them. Bareback by Chris Owen was also very good.

    I tried getting the Astrid Amara book, but its not available in ebook. I really don't want to buy any more paperback, as I'm still trying to get rid of my current piles o_O sigh, we'll wait and see if they release it. Did you want me to ship any books to you? Let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I'm behind! I need to work on my read books post! One book I really liked last month was No Mercy by Lori Armstrong. It's the beginning of a new mystery series. Good stuff!

    Looking forward to reading what you think about Archer's Heart, orannia!

    @Mariana: Archer's Heart is available in ebook format now! I've also been wanting to read it. Because of its size, it's been serialized, in 3 parts: Archer's Heart at Blind Eye Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mariana - I noticed that you loved Henry & Jim. Something I should look up, yes? *grin* Magic Bleeds is waiting for me to collect from the library and I have Bareback - I just need to read it :) Oh, and I see from Renee's comment that The Archer's Heart is available in eBook format - YAH! Maybe the three of us could have a group read/review?

    Renee - oh, I like a good mystery. *notes down Lori Armstrong* And would you be interested in an mini-challenge WRT The Archer's Heart? It's also a 'big book' *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, group read/review sounds great! Drop me an email to set up a time frame! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Renee!!! Don't know when they did this, but must have been recently, YAY! I've just bought it :) Now I'm trying to find out when the other releases will be.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Renee - YAH! Very exciting!

    Mariana - YAH! And a good idea with regard the other releases - the wait would be insanity driving otherwise :)

    ReplyDelete