03 September 2010

Books 2010: August Update

Total to date: 83 books (six books this month: contemporary romance [one book]; fantasy [two books]; yaoi manga [two books]; young adult [one book])

The 2010 Support Your Local Library Reading Challenge total to date: 31 books (three books this month)

The 2010 Big Book Challenge total to date: one book (I'm aiming to read my chosen book - Kushiel's Dart (Jacqueline Carey) - next month!]

The M/M Romance Challenge 2010 total to date: 13 books (no change from last month)

A list of all the books I've read to date (from 01 January 2010) can be found at GoodReads.

Favourite book of the month?

* Stalking Darkness (Lynn Flewelling) [Seregil & Alec - I'm so excited about their developing relationship!]

Currently reading:

* The Ships of Merior (Janny Wurts)

* A Fostered Love (Cameron Dane)

And the books I'm most looking forward to reading next month:

* Lord of the White Hell I & II (Ginn Hale)

So, what did you read last month?

Edited to add: Apologies for being AWOL this week. It's been...a rough week, although I honestly can't put my finger on why. Hopefully I'll find my balance this weekend and be back lurking around your blogs :) Because I miss you all!

12 comments:

  1. Oh I want to read the Ginn Hale books as well! Haven't found them in ebook yet so maybe I'll get them in dead tree format...
    No need to apologize, hon! We all have those weeks. I haven't been much online the past week either. I hope you can leave the rough part of your week behind you. Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to see what you think of Lord of the White Hell! Book Two is one I'm planning to read this month as well; Book One was excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope things calm down for you Orannia. I haven't read Lord of the White Hell yet, but hope to get to it... maybe I'll read both books together. :)

    I actually began reading my Big Book last month -- Naamah's Kiss by Carey. I'm doing a slow-dance with that book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss you, too! I hope the weekend helps calm things down for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Orannia, I just read about the earthquake near Christchurch--I hope you are okay, please check in when you can?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just checking in on you after hearing about the earthquake! I'm pretty sure you live fairly far from the quake's epicenter, yet I'm sure this emergency still impacts you. My thoughts are with all who are affected... Please let us know how things are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ack! I didn't know about the earthquake. Hope you're ok!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, we miss you too! Hope everything is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey! I sent an email before I saw you posted, hopefully this means all is well in your area and was unaffected (directly) by earthquake. I miss you as well :)

    Hope things look better for you reading-wise. My favorites for the month are Ethan Day's At Piper's Point and Chris Owen/Jodi Payne's Rough Draft... angst filled fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Janna - thank you. Electronic version would have been cheaper (postage is a killer), but...the covers are just so pretty! I was thinking of reading the first book this weekend, but then I discovered the second book was on it's way so I'm waiting for it... And thank you. I attempted to catch up on sleep this weekend and have failed miserably :(

    Kristen - everyone's reviews of Book I has me dying to read it!

    Hilcia - thank you! And good luck with your Big Book. I'm hoping to start mine at the end of this month...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chris - thank you. I just wish I could sleep. Everything would be so much nicer after a full night's sleep :)

    azteclady - thank you! I'm OK - I live in the North Island. No earthquakes here, but lots of volcanos...errr. Was very scary watching it on the news last night, and I heard there are more aftershocks!

    Christine - I'm OK, thank you. And yes, I live in the North Island. WOW. I didn't realize the earthquake had gone international! You watch things on the news - earthquakes, hurricanes, and it always seems to happen...elsewhere. It's very eerie when it happens so close.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chris - I'm OK :)

    heidenkind - thank you. Not sure what is going on, just...feel like I'm drowning ATM. There is so much to do and...I'm just getting lost in it. I so need a holiday - 4 weeks to go!

    Mariana - thank you. I'm OK...and off to check my email :) Rough Draft sounds interesting...off to check that too :)

    ReplyDelete