13 July 2011

Nalini Singh

Warning: Parts of this post may contain information that certain individuals (looking at no one in particular *cough* KatiBabs *cough*) may find...disturbing (as in result in a spontaneous case of self-combustion). It may also contain spoiler information!

Last night the lovely Kerry from Too Many Books - Too Hard to Choose and I were very lucky to attend a 'meet and greet' with the exceptionally lovely and uber talented Nalini Singh!

Now, before I dive into all the juicy gossip, I just wanted to say that Nalini is an amazing speaker. Vivacious, engaging and warm. It was also fascinating to note the demographics in the room - also many and varied. Nalini's books are loved across a spectrum :) Now, on to what Nalini said:

* There is likely to be another three or four Psy-Changeling books before the story arc is complete. That's not to say there won't be further books, but they will be tangential to the story arc. Maybe one about the Falcons? *crossing fingers for an Adam book*

* Kit's story won't be one of those three or four books - Nalini reckons he's still a bit young yet :)

* Nalini is currently working on the 11th Psy-Changeling book. It has no title as yet, but will be about Riaz (one of the SnowDancer Lieutenants) and Adria (Indigo's aunt). And both the Arrows and Kaleb *waits for screaming* will play a role!

* There will be further books about Elena & Raphael

* The Guild Hunter series is likely to be smaller than the Psy-Changeling series as the books will be limited to the core characters

I hope I got that all right Nalini? Did I miss anything?

And on the way home, driving over the Auckland Harbour Bridge, lightning lit up the sky right in front of me. It was....WOW! And then I got stopped by the police and breathalyzed :) So, all in all a very exciting evening!

Edited to add: Please make sure to read the first comment, because there are quite a few (juicy) titbits I missed, but that Kerry didn't :)

7 comments:

  1. A few extra things I remembered...

    Aden will also be featured in the next book as Nalini did specifically mention him (and he was noted wrt the arrows in KoS).

    Nalini defined the "core characters" in teh guild books as Raphael and Eleana, the Seven and Elena's Guild friends. Suggested there might well be a Ashwini/Janvier book (I think) but couldn't promise yet.

    There will be a baby for Riley/Mercy but she won't be saying which side of the family it will take after.

    Angel's Pawn (previously only available as an ebook) will be reprinted in Angels of Darkenss (I THINK) but it will be coming out in print for those who couldn't get the ebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had fun! She's great! Loved seeing her, as well. She's cagey, very careful of what she lets out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an exciting evening, even without the breathalyzer test. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kerry - I'm such an idiot! I can't believe I forgot so many titbits, especially the baby! *heads desk* Thank you!

    Mariana - she's lovely, but yes very cagey *grin* It was interesting seeing people trying to get information :)

    Chris - it was definitely a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you got to meet her Orannia! And lol... Ms. Singh is an expert at dodging giving away spoilers, but gives away just enough to wet everyone's appetite. I love it. *g*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hilcia - I am too! I missed meeting her last year and I'm so glad I went this year. It's all thanks to Kerry - I'm not very good at getting myself out and about.

    heidenkind - I think so :)

    ReplyDelete