18 November 2011

Books 2011: October Update

Note: I know it's weird to post this so late in the month, but...I'm nothing if not pedantic *grin*

Total to date: 95 books (10 books this month: fantasy [one book]; m/m [nine books])

The 2011 Support Your Local Library Reading Challenge total to date: 25 books (one book this month)

The M/M Romance Challenge 2011 total to date: 69 books (nine books this month)

The 2011 Big Book Challenge: COMPLETE!

A list of all the books I've read to date (from 01 January 2010) can be found at GoodReads.

Favourite books of the month?

* Fish & Chips (Madeline Urban & Abigail Roux)

* Talker's Graduation (Amy Lane)

* The Bastard Prince (Megan Derr)

* Zero at the Bone (Jane Seville)

Currently reading:

* Unperfect Souls (Mark Del Franco)

And the books I'm most looking forward to reading this month:

* Cast in Ruin (Michelle Sagara)

* Divide & Conquer (Madeline Urban)

So, what did you read last month (if you can remember back that far)?

7 comments:

  1. You got lots read! :)

    I've read the first three in that Un... series. And then I fell into m/m.

    October WAS so long ago... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fish & Chips!!!! At the 63% mark of that book - I think that is one of the HOTTEST smex scenes I have read.

    You'll have to let me know how Divide & Conquer goes for you!!

    Also - did you hear that Urban has left the writing partnership???? For good!!!! That is what Roux posted on her FB yesterday - although Roux has said she will continue to write the series. It sounds like a bad break up too. I'm hoping there will be more of an official announcement. I'm worried :(

    I like Zero at the Bone too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. orannia: good reading month. Divide and Conquer was great. There's a bit of a cliffhanger at the end, but nothing too bad.

    Hey Mandi :)
    Abigail Roux posted special announcement on their blog: http://urbanandroux.com/

    This makes me so sad... I don't even know why. Anywho, Ms. Roux stated that she will continue the series. I really love those two authors. I hope that Ms. Urban changes her mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I had not seen that :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ack! I hadn't heard that, Mandi. O.O

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chris - I did! Lots of m/m :) I really like the Un series - I like how the main character isn't actually powerful. And yes, October was long ago :)

    *reads Mandi's comment

    *races off to read Fish & Chips at the 63% mark*

    *fans self*

    Mandi - YES! Very, very, very smexy! I am looking forward to reading Divide & Conquer, but I'm also thinking about saving it, does that make sense? Especially in light of Urban leaving the writing partnership. No, I didn't know :( And Zero to the Bone was great!

    Mariana - so noted about the cliffhanger. (I'm not usually a fan, but if it's not too bad then I might read it soon rather than waiting for the next book :) What worries me is how the books will change without both authors contributing... Thank you for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're going to make 100 in 2011! I'm so impressed. I hope I make it. I'm currently reading book #88, I think.

    I don't think it's likely I'll meet this year's 2011 Big Book Challenge. If I don't, I'll vow to read TWO big books in 2012. Maybe. LOL.

    ReplyDelete