28 February 2013

The Bear Essentials

Before you all get up in arms about my utilization of the word 'Bear' in the title of this post, there is method to my madness (isn't there always :) I was going to post an 80s song for your delectation, but the advertisement before the song caught my eye. You see, the national carrier, Air New Zealand, has been creating some rather interesting safety videos...probably in an effort to get people to actually think about aircraft safety. There has been the Richard Simmons safety video, The Hobbit safety video...and now Bear Grylls...



And in case you're wondering, the rather large bird is a moa...they're (supposedly) extinct...

8 comments:

  1. How clever, I love it! I haven't seen the others but now I'm interested!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If memory serves, it was Nalini Singh who first introduced me to these awesome videos--absolutely love them. Thank you, orannia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They definitely get creativity points! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Tracy - The Hobbit safety video is my favourite, but the Richard Simmons one is hilarious! Happy watching!

    @azteclady - Nalini is fantastic with her posts :)

    @Chris - that they do *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE IT !!!!!

    I wanna go to NZ!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still wondering why there's a remote for the video screen on the plane when the buttons are literally right in front of your nose .... I mean.. it's literally inches away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And if you visit Christine I'd love to meet you in person!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OF COURSE WE WOULD!!!!!

    And if you should find the opportunity to come to the East Coast USA... I know a great place for you to stay for free outside NYC. ;)

    ReplyDelete